The session will revolve around evaluating the construction market and identifying needs for digitalisation and enhanced skills to achieve 2030 energy efficiency goals, from the experience of 9 EU-funded projects: Train4Sustain, ARISE, HP4ALL, PROHeritage, CraftEdu, INSTRUCT, SEEtheskills, nZEBready, BusLeague, and BusGoCircular.
This session focuses on instigating a discussion among the diverse group of panellists from different sectors (training, education, digitalization enablers, public procurement, industry, professional associations etc.) who will serve as a link between the skilled workforce necessary to enable energy transition and the feasibility of successful skills transition.
It will address urgent actions focused on skills in the whole construction sector value chain, including the implementation of new technologies, digitalization of skills and the skills delivery process :
- defining skillsets to respond to new technologies, including digital ones
- recognition and valuing skills obtained through different forms of learning, based on defined competence standards
- enabling visibility of learning achievements, regardless of their size (including microlearning), by introducing Skills registers and/or Skills passports, also based on digital monetizing of skills development
- enhancing the competitiveness of skilled workforce through direct requirements in GPP EU policies
The objective is to present the interrelation among activation of the demand side for skills through strengthening policies on green procurement processes, provoking and supporting investments in upskilling and professional development, which at this point of the loop, obviously creates a circular connection with the successful energy transition enabled by the above.
- Mariana Fernández Renedo, Head of Communications and Capacity Building, PMO at Sustainable Innovations
- Amandine Lacourt, Project Advisor, CINEA
- Irini Barbero, Research Assistant School of Engineering, Cardiff University
- Paul McComark, Innovation Manager at Belfast Metropolitan College
12:00 - 12:05 Welcome and introduction - Mariana Fernández Renedo
12:05 - 12:20 How LIFE Clean Energy Transition is supporting the upskilling of building professionals - Amandine Lacourt
12:20 - 12:50 Mechanisms for matchmaking skills and their validation - Irini Barbero
12:50 - 13:30 Q&A session